Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Resolution

A new year brings forth what is called "New Years Resolutions" where most people try to rid themselves of unwanted bad habits, usually involving their weight or cigarette smoking. I decided this year that I would attempt to visit every Masonic Lodge in my home state of Rhode Island. On my road trip to Ohio last summer I went out of my way to visit as many lodges as I could and it wasn't until I was driving the eight hours home that I realized that I had not even been to all the lodges in my own state!

So this year I will do my best to attend all 20 lodges in the state. Wait a second, isn't there 25 lodges in the state? True but while looking at the schedule along with the fact that all the lodges go dark during July and August I had to trim down the list a little to make it obtainable.

What I did was change the resolution to visit every physical lodge in the state, there are three physical lodges which house eight lodges so I will be visiting those three lodges once. So, 20 lodges in what amounts to 10 months, or two a month, in addition to my home lodges functions and meetings. That seems realistic with a bit of effort, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I quit smoking, two weeks in. I hate everyone right now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compared to quiting smoking, mine does not seem so hard!

    ReplyDelete