Saturday, January 16, 2010

Visitation tonight: Franklin Lodge #20

Tonight I will be visiting the furthest lodge from my home, Franklin Lodge #20 in Westerly RI for their annual communication. Keeping in mind how small Rhode Island is and the fact that I live in Warwick which is in the middle of the state, it will still take me 45 minutes to drive there.

A little information about the lodge from the RIMasons,org web site:

Their dispensation was granted December 30, 1856 and their charter was granted five months later on May 25, 1877. Their stated communtication is the second Tuesday in each month (except July and August) and their annual communication is the Saturday nearest to January 17 in each year.

I plan on taking some photos while I am there and will post them along with my thoughts on the visit soon!

1 comment:

  1. Visitation of other lodges is one of the greatest privileges of being a Master Mason. Receiving visitors is as much a joy to the visited as to the visitor. In the west, we routinely measure visits in days. You are indeed fortunate to be so close. I hope you all take advantage of it.
    Washington State

    ReplyDelete